Monday, August 30, 2010

The Bus


Anybody who reads this knows that I've been contemplating letting Jacob ride the bus. After hounding me all last week, I decided to cave and try it today. This was a very hard decision for me even though I know its a good thing. It shows that he is growing up, becoming more responsible, and more independent. All great qualities but just hard being the mommy and letting go. Although he did get on and off without a hitch, we do have a few things to iron out. Like knowing how to get to his room once he is dropped off and making sure he doesn't miss the bus stop getting off! Overall, it was a good experience and he was BEAMING this afternoon when he came running off. I asked him how it was and he said he loved it and wanted to ride everyday from now on! (I was secretly hoping he would hate it but that's not the case) Just one more little milestone in my BIG boy's world. So proud of him :)




0 comments: