Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BIRTHDAY CENTRAL

Whew, it has been Birthday Central around here! Jacob had a fabulous time turning five years and even got to celebrate it 3 times!! Saturday was his birthday party at The Little Gym. He and 16 friends had a blast running, rolling, jumping, and dancing around. And I had a great time just sitting back and letting someone else do all the work for a change! All I had to do was chase Olivia and try to take pictures. That was work enough for me!! Our dear friends, the Tuckers, came in from San Antonio for the weekend. It was so great to spend time with them and the kids had a ball playing together! Here are some pix from the party.






On Sunday, we went out to lunch and I whispered to the waiter that it was Jacob's birthday. Towards the end of our meal, several of the waitstaff came out singing and carrying an ice cream sundae. Jacob was definitely shocked and caught off guard. He didn't even think that they were singing to him at first!! His face turned bright red!



He had never been sung to like that in a restaurant so it was a fun experience for him! I certainly think he enjoyed his birthday dessert!



And then finally, today at school, we had one more hoorah! I took donut holes and juice up to his class and he celebrated one last time with his classmates.


It was a lot of fun, but I am glad it is all over =) However, we have 2 more birthday parties to go to this weekend which will make a total of 4 in 2 weeks....WHEW!

And on a side note, please keep Olivia in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning. She is having a CT scan and will be put under anesthesia (which is the scary part!) More details to come later...

4 comments:

The Kitchen said...

Every birthday should be celebrated at least 3 times!!!

I love the cake - and the pictures!

Danette said...

Looks like a good time...good job, mom!!

Hope everything is okay with Olivia...thinking about you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh...itlooks like ya'll had fun...Wish we could of been there.. :( Miss you guys...

RuensOnTheRun said...

I read this post after the CT scan, but I did just pray for good results and support for you and yours.

Looks like a very Happy Birthday!