Sunday, December 7, 2008

What's on the Menu

Jacob has been learning about nutrition at school. The other day he brought home an activity that he had done and I just HAD to laugh out loud! They had to cut out pictures from magazines of healthy choices for each meal of the day. Well, clearly my son has been eating at someone else's house because we NEVER serve things like this. I don't know where he got these ideas from! I mean in our house, it's ALL nutrition, ALL organic, and 100% healthy ALL the time! Or.....maybe not! Here is what he chose for breakfast...

It's something resembling cranberry nut bread. Oh yes! Of course it looks like the fresh bread I bake every morning!

And now for lunch...


Some cheese (good for dairy), crescent rolls, oatmeal (he won't even eat it), orange juice (he has never had it) and then some toothpaste?!

On to Dinner-now we do sit down together every night as a family and eat dinner. So I am holding out hope that he will find something remotely resembling our Rachel Ray type spreads we have (ok not really but I TRY)! And this is what he comes up with...

Frozen pizza, fried shrimp, cake, ice cream and oh wait..what is it...could it be FRESH FRUIT? Maybe I am doing something right after all.

Good thing he added the toothpaste on there because he is going to need it after eating all that cake and ice cream!!!



1 comments:

teraturnbull said...

OMG!! I'M LAUGHING SO HARD AT JACOB'S CHOICES!!! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT COLLIN WOULD CHOOSE! TOO CUTE!