Monday, July 14, 2008

Why I dread going to the doctor's office

This morning we went to Olivia's endocrinologist for a check up. I dread going because it is a 30 minute drive, you have to deal with parking (which I now only Valet and it is SO worth the $$ when you have 2 kids) and then the whole WAIT that usually happens. You might recall this, a previous post about going to this doctor. Well today was actually a better day than most. We actually left the house on time, arrived EARLY for our appointment (that never happens!) and they called us back right away once we got in the waiting room. However while in the room, Jacob decided to scream and cry when the doctor came in to talk to me and I made him get off the doctor's swivel chair. How dare me?? Then he kept trying to get in Olivia's face and get up on the table next to her. I eventually had to pick him up and sit him in the chair so he would leave her alone and he had a total meltdown screaming "I want Daddy"!!! So the doctor & I had to have our conversation over his screaming in the background. Had the doctor not been in the room, I would have taken more drastic measures to correct his behavior but I didn't want them to call CPS on me at the doctor's office!! Thank goodness we got good news and Olivia's thyroid is under control.

Now, on to more fun topics like this past weekend. We spent Friday night hanging out with some neighbors. The kids had fun playing together while the rest of us enjoyed each other's company.





Meanwhile, Olivia was kicking back and enjoying herself a nice cold beer!



Now before you get upset thinking I am WT and give my baby beer, I promise she didn't have any. She just loves to put the cold bottle on her gums. I PROMISE!!!

And last but not least, here we are doing her newest face--the "fishy face". We don't know where she learned how to do it, but she is now doing it all the time!!!


Three more days until we fly to New Mexico. I need to get busy!!!

0 comments: