Where has the summer gone? How is it mid July already?? I have been slacking on the posts lately because we have been so busy! I don't have any pictures, but thought I would write a quick update on what the kids have been doing.
We got back from our July 4th trip last Sunday. Jacob started his summer day camp this week. It is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9-1. One of my good friends is his teacher (nice bonus) and he has been having a blast! The theme is Underwater World and every day he comes home with a new underwater creature he has created. His favorite was the octopus! He has one more week of camp and then its over (boo hoo). Other than that, he has really gotten into games and puzzles lately and is always asking me to play with him. His favorites are Hi-Ho Cherry O and Candy Land. Anyone have some suggestions for new ones? He is getting to be so big and I can hardly stand it! Lately he has been asking me how old he has to be until he can drive and he is ALREADY talking about what he wants his first car to be! It changes daily! Boy am I in for it or what? Guess we need to start saving now because I have a feeling he won't want something cheap!!
Olivia had her 9 month check up this week (a month late). My little Gerber baby was 27 pounds and 30 1/4 inches long!! LOVE all those rolls :) So, I just HAD to go back and look at Jacob's baby book to compare the two and they really are pretty similar. At this age, Jacob was 24 lbs 14 oz so almost 25 lbs and 31 inches so she is a tad bit shorter but not much! I am in the process of cleaning out her clothes that don't fit and replacing them with the next size. As you can imagine, we don't stay in one size very long!! Olivia has also started "talking" and is constantly chattering da-da-da and ba-ba-ba. It is so cute! Of course Craig claims she is saying Da-Da for Daddy and Jacob claims the Ba-Ba is for Bubba! Jacob is very certain she is saying HIS name and nothing else! If that makes him happy, then I am not telling him any different! And of course, I am constantly chanting Ma Ma Ma to her but haven't heard it yet! I am not going to quit trying though! Her hearing aids have been a bit of a challenge because she is constantly pulling them out. She especially doesn't like the right ear and immediately pulls that one out when I put it in. We have another doctor's appointment next Wednesday and I am going to talk to them about making her new ear molds. I am thinking hers aren't fitting correctly. Or, it could just be that she has discovered them and doesn't want them in! I don't blame her!
Next Thursday, the kids and I are headed to my Dad's house in New Mexico! Everyone please say a prayer for me flying with 2 kids alone! But we have done it before and I know we can do it again! Jacob is excited to go see the mountains and of course ride on the airplane! We have another busy week ahead with two doctor appointments, summer camp and preparing for the trip. Hopefully I will have time to blog again before we leave! Stay tuned....
Friday, July 11, 2008
CRAZY busy summer!
Posted by Shana at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow and I thought that I was busy!
ZINGO would be a great game for Jacob! My boyz love it and I actually don't mind it (that's KEY!)
Post a Comment