Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 4th

We spent the 4th at MeMe's like we have the last few years. It has become a tradition and one that I know the kids look forward to. They get to see cousins that unfortunately, they don't get to see often enough! This year was extra special since my brother was able to come. MeMe was thrilled about that!

She is 88 :)
 Aunt Doris
Siblings
 Me and my girlie
Some of the gang
 pretty ladies
Ladder Ball was a big hit

My two firecrackers decked out in their patriotic gear!
Even our food was patriotic!

Uncle Chris entertaining us...
Jacob lost a tooth!
Red, white and blue!
 Then it was finally time for fireworks!!!
We had a slight mishap when one of the fireworks tipped over. Thankfully, lots of men and lots of buckets of water were handy so the fire was easily put out and under control.  It was certainly an event that we will remember for a long time!
It was a long eventful day, but great memories were made!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no, glad they were able to get the fire out quickly! Your MeMe looks great for 88, I would never have guessed she was that old!

Shana said...

Thanks Alicia! I hope I look that good when I'm her age!