Today is the last day of summer for a lot of my friends because they are teachers. Tomorrow is the first official day back for in-service. I have spent time today reflecting back to a year ago. I had been a stay at home for 5 years, with the exception of teaching PreK part time one year before Olivia was born. Due to the economy and circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to go back to work. A year ago I was facing many challenges and changes.....Jacob starting Kindergarten, me going back to work full time, Olivia going to a day care for the first time EVER, and all of us adjusting to a new way of life. I remember being so nervous and worried about how it would all work out. I wanted both kids to be happy, have wonderful teachers and be in good hands since they weren't going to be in mine. It was a lot to take in all at once. But we managed and muddled through and eventually it all worked out. We survived!
Fast forward to today. A year later, on the eve of teachers going back to work and I am not going. Once again, due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to stay home without the option of working, not even part time. Olivia requires my full time care and we will spend the next few months with lots of one on one time! If you would have told me a year ago, that I would be in this position now, I would not have believed it!
Life is a series of twists and turns. It is all part of God's plan, whether we understand it or not. I learned a lot last year, being a full time working time. Like to not take the time with my family for granted. I also learned that as hard as I try, I am not Super Woman or Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray for that matter...... Sorry Craig :)
Now that we embark on another Fall, with new changes.....Olivia in the cast, Jacob starting 1st grade in a new school, I wonder what I will learn next. I know God has a way of teaching us through our circumstances. I am just hoping the future looks bright!!!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Twists and turns
Posted by Shana at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment