Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hero

Since we got home Friday evening, I have done a whole lot of NOTHING! Seriously, I am actually still in my pajamas and it is 2:30 in the afternoon. It has been nice and definitely what my body needed after living in the hospital for 4 days and nights. Olivia has been relaxing too (as much as you can in a body cast). She has recovered so much quicker this time around and I am so happy for her that she adjusted so well. Before we left the hospital, she was eating, playing, talking and seemed more like her usual self.

We were pretty sure we would get released on Friday since that is when we went home last time, but the doctor was in surgery. So we spent all day waiting around for him to come see her. We were told he would be out of surgery at 1:00 so we started packing up, our wonderful nurse started on our paperwork and we were pretty much ready to go by then. After waiting another 2 hours, he finally came by around 3:00 and said we could go home! Woo hoo!! We were outta there about 15 minutes later!

I was nervous about how she would sleep and adjust to being home, but she has done really well. She has been sleeping about 8-9 hours at night and taking a nap during the day which is way better than the first time when I was up with her every few hours. Thank you Lord, for that!

I just have to say that I am so incredibly proud of my little girl! She has endured so much and yet somehow always manages to find a reason to smile! Don't get me wrong, she has her moments and it is not all roses and sunshine, but she has handled this with bravery and strength! Dr. G. told us that if an adult was to undergo this procedure, they would be in the hospital for a week! Wow. She is my new hero and I love her to pieces.

I know I have said this so many times before, but I just can't say it enough. Thank you everyone for the support through this ordeal. We are truly truly blessed.

0 comments: