Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday

Ten On Tuesday
1. Has it really just been one week since the surgery? One week ago today I was pacing the floors, sipping my coffee and praying that everything would turn out ok. Sure seems longer than a week ago.
2. Jacob made his sister a welcome home sign. It was little late, but better late than never, right? Sweet boy!
3. I have found a support group on yahoo for parents of kids with DDH. It has been very helpful and a great source of comfort. Very reassuring knowing you are not the only one out there dealing with something. They have given me so many tips and ideas on how to handle things. So glad I found this support system!
4. Grandpa and Suzy were here for a week during the surgery. We certainly appreciate them driving the 12 hours to get here and being such a huge help! (especially with big brother...who needed some extra patience at times!)
5. Jacob starts 1st grade in less than two weeks!! I cannot believe summer is coming to an end already. This summer has flown by! However, I am looking forward to getting into more of a routine. Our summer hasn't had much normalcy so settling down will be good.
6. Gracious friends are continuing to bring us dinner. We have had some yummy dishes! I am working on collecting recipes for all of them. So, hint hint.....if you brought dinner and haven't sent me the recipe yet, please do so :)
7. Jacob got a zhu zhu pet at Wal Mart last night. These were a huge craze during Christmas time. I am not seeing what all the hype is about yet. Not impressed so far, but Jacob sure is! He has been playing with it non-stop so that's a good thing!
8. Since my outings are limited, I have not had a chance to go out and buy Jacob's school supplies yet. All the talk of school starting around me is making me nervous! I hope I am able to find everything he needs in time!
9. On Sunday, Craig's Uncle Ricky passed away from cancer. We are leaving tonight to drive to Dallas. His funeral is tomorrow morning. The kids and I will not be going, but will join the family afterwards. Looking forward to seeing GrandDaddy from Arizona, Aunt Michelle from Kentucky and all the family in Dallas. However, I wish the circumstances were different.
10. Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!!!

0 comments: