Friday, June 11, 2010

Flips

Olivia started gymnastics this week at FLIPS. Unfortunately, it was almost a FLOP! Hee Hee, I am so clever! But things didn't go quite as I had hoped. Even though some of her friends were there, Olivia got very intimidated at the start of the class and had to be held most of the time. They combine 2-3 classes together at the beginning for warm-up time and I think it was just too overwhelming for her. Plus, it was the first time I have ever left her for a class like that. I was right there, on the other side of the window where she could see me, but she was not happy.
See?

Luckily there are only 3 kids in her class and 1 of them wasn't there this week so it was 2 teachers and 2 kids. And they were really good with her and did their best to make her more comfortable. Eventually they took her over to the bars which are her FAVORITE thing! And she did this...

YEA!!! My happy girl!

Hopefully next week will go a little smoother.....!

1 comments:

Michele said...

That's great! Yea Olivia!!

I tried to take Haleigh to a gymnastics class last Spring. She flipped out!! I don't know if it was b/c of how big the place was and all the people, but she wanted nothing to do with it! We've been in Little Gym for a year and a half now. She loves that!