Most of you reading this already know, but in case you haven't heard, I am going back to work! After 5 years of being a stay at home mommy, I am entering the working mommy world full time to be a teacher again!!! (I did teach Pre-K for a year when Jacob was 2 1/2 but I don't count that because it was only 2 days a week!) This week I am going back to the same school where I began my teaching career 10, yes TEN, years ago! I am very fortunate to be able to go back to a place that feels familiar, despite all the new faces and changes since I left. It almost feels like I never left. Almost. I have spent this entire weekend washing, cleaning, organizing, moving furniture, etc etc. Why I decided to wait until my last weekend before work after being home for 5 years to do these projects is beyond me. It is almost like I am "nesting" as you do when you are pregnant! I guess its because I know one chapter of our lives is ending and a new one is beginning. I have all sorts of emotions about the changes that are happening. Jacob is starting Kindergarten, Olivia will be going to pre-school for the first time ever and I am going back to work. Nothing like making ALL our changes at once! But I guess its now or never! I know our daily routine and schedules will change and I am anxious about all the adjusting we are going to have to do. But I also know that with time, these things will get better and easier. And looking back on it, it won't seem so bad. Right???
So, in the midst of trying to help myself cope with going back to work, here are the things I am looking forward to: adult conversation, an excuse to buy new clothes, then having those said professional clothes back in my closet again, having a job outside of being mommy all day long, finding a new purpose, being in the same building as my Kindergartener (Jacob is going to school with me), watching Olivia blossom in a new environment, afternoon trips to Sonic on the way home and last but certainly not least a paycheck!!!
So, stay tuned folks and I will do my best to update as we start this new chapter! Wish us luck!!!



5 comments:
GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! What a big change for all of you - wow... all at once! You and your children will all do well, I am sure. You will love being back at work. I love working outside the home.... it's almost like a mini-vacation, sometimes! ;)
But I can imagine the emotions running through your mind, at the same time. And wow for taking on all those projects this weekend - but I think I would do the same, as in, nesting for this big, huge change! Can't wait to find out how your first day of school goes!
Good Luck Shana! You all will be just fine. I completely understand the hard emotions, however I can understand all those things you are looking forward to too! Good luck again, you (and the kiddos) will do great!!
Thanks for the encouragement girls!!!!! I survived!
How exciting!! I will (hopefully) be in the same boat next year. I'm going back to school to take my couple of classes to get re-certified and then will start applying for a teaching job in the spring. It is very overwhelming to think about but I (like you) can see so many benefits. Especially that second paycheck.
Good luck!!
Good luck! That is awesome.
Post a Comment