As usual miss Olivia has been "keeping me on my toes" which we all know is nice mommy talk for driving me crazy keeping me busy! She is in a major mommy attachment phase right now and we have had a hard time with things like the Physical Therapist coming or leaving her at the church nursery, etc. This morning I had my last MOPS meeting for the semester. Last week when I dropped her off, she cried at first but then surprisingly did well and made it through. Today when I dropped her off, she cried really hard and as usual, I wondered to myself if I would get paged. Well, sure enough about 20 minutes before my meeting was over, I got the dreaded buzzzzzzzzzz from my pager signaling me to come pick up my child A.S.A.P. I rushed downstairs to get my sobbing daughter whose face was beat red from all the crying she had done. She clearly had been very upset and obviously cried loudly because even one of the other church workers commented on what a strong pair of lungs she has. Nice. Thanks. We picked up Jacob from his room and left. She was happy as a clam by the time we got outside.
I had an errand to run on the way home and stopped at the U.P.S. store. Apparently I appeared as though I needed some help because in the midst of trying to unload the car, the store manager walked out and opened the door for us. Olivia was walking trying to get up on the sidewalk and I was still trying to get Jacob out of the car. (Moms, please tell me you can relate to the chaos of trying to get all your stuff and your kids out of the car!) Well I opened Jacob's car door and when I turned back around, the store manager had picked Olivia up. Now being that this is the kid who just cried for over an hour after being left in the care of strangers, it would be safe to assume that this would totally freak her out. Think again.
She was FINE. Not at all bothered that a complete stranger had just picked her up and was carrying her into the store while Mommy walked behind. Some of the employees were joking with him at how well he was handling her and commented they had never seen him carry a baby in before (I must have really looked needy!) I told him that I was in desperate need of a date night and he was hired if he was available this evening to which he responded, 'Well babies really aren't my thing.' And then hepawned her off handed her to one of the girls behind the counter.
I had an errand to run on the way home and stopped at the U.P.S. store. Apparently I appeared as though I needed some help because in the midst of trying to unload the car, the store manager walked out and opened the door for us. Olivia was walking trying to get up on the sidewalk and I was still trying to get Jacob out of the car. (Moms, please tell me you can relate to the chaos of trying to get all your stuff and your kids out of the car!) Well I opened Jacob's car door and when I turned back around, the store manager had picked Olivia up. Now being that this is the kid who just cried for over an hour after being left in the care of strangers, it would be safe to assume that this would totally freak her out. Think again.
She was FINE. Not at all bothered that a complete stranger had just picked her up and was carrying her into the store while Mommy walked behind. Some of the employees were joking with him at how well he was handling her and commented they had never seen him carry a baby in before (I must have really looked needy!) I told him that I was in desperate need of a date night and he was hired if he was available this evening to which he responded, 'Well babies really aren't my thing.' And then he
Once again she was in the arms of a complete stranger looking at me across the counter as happy as can be. I think she was having fun playing cashier while this girl was helping out a customer.
I don't get it. I even made a comment to the girl who held her that I had just left my meeting early because she was crying. She couldn't believe it either.
So Strange.
She won't stay in the care of the nursery workers each week at MOPS or church (which is the SAME PLACE) but will let 2 complete strangers pick her up and carry her around a store we haven't been to in 6 months?
I don't get it. Hopefully this has nothing to do with her dislike of church.......yikes!



0 comments:
Post a Comment