Saturday, April 25, 2009

Love Letters



I cleaned out Jacob's backpack this week and found these.

Jacob, what are these?
They're love notes mommmmm.
Excuse me????
What?
Who are they from?
"E' in my class.
Why did she give them to you? *feeling a little protective*
Because she said that she loves me and likes me a lot.
Oh, um okay (not really sure how to answer this...still stunned I am having this conversation with my five year old! Even though I secretly think it is kinda cute too!)
But I don't like her. She's a girl and girls are gross.
*Oh thank God we are still in the "girls are yucky" stage*
Sigh
Okay honey. I think she just thinks you are a nice boy. But I am going to remind you of this "girls are gross" stage in 10 years or so. Ok?
Huh?
Nevermind.

2 comments:

Dennis and Leslie said...

Haha, that's adorable!

Hon, I hate to burst your "innocent" bubble, but I think it starts sooner than 15 years old these days ;)

RuensOnTheRun said...

Girlie - you better have the 'girls are yucky and sports are more fun' talk in 3 years! ;)