Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rodeo Day

Today was Rodeo Day at Jacob's school. He was so excited that he woke up and got himself dressed as soon as he hopped out of bed this morning! He NEVER does that! This would have been fine and dandy except for the fact that he dripped milk on his shirt while eating his cereal. Normally, I wouldn't cry too much over spilt milk except for the fact that I bought this shirt about 2 months ago specially FOR THIS DAY!!! So I wet a paper towel and attempted to dab the spot of milk when I quickly realized that the pink ink from the paper towel was rubbing off onto the shirt!!!! I didn't even know this was possible! All I used was water?! There was no time for washing and drying since we needed to leave the house in 30 minutes. So, I pulled out one of my all-time favorite products and sprayed it on an ALL WHITE cup towel and then dabbed it on. I laid the shirt out and let it set until it was time to go. Thankfully this worked fairly well. It lightened all the spots enough so that they weren't AS noticeable. Have I ever told you how much I LOVE OxiClean? It has saved my life so many times! If you are looking for a good stain remover, I highly recommend it! (And no I promise they are not paying me to say that) It truly is a great product! See, no visible spots!







The kids had activities in the gym all morning and then this afternoon the parents were invited to come for the "Stick Horse Parade" to conclude the day. I strategically planned my whole day around this event which included waking Olivia up early this morning AND up from her nap this afternoon(never a good idea, by the way) just so we could be there. She wasn't too happy about her lack of sleep and here she is looking oh so thrilled to be waiting for the parade to start.


Thank goodness it didn't take long....



However, as I am watching Jacob's class approach and scanning the crowd, I don't see him anywhere! Just as I am beginning to panic wonder where he is, his teacher walks up and tells me he is inside in the bathroom having "tummy issues". Only she doesn't describe it quite this nicely and is a little more graphic in describing the color and dare I say, consistency of his "issues". Then as she's walking away, she tells me he was upset that he was going to miss the parade. Knowing my son and how much he looks forward to these kinds of things, I knew it would be DISASTER if he missed the entire parade. So I quickly put away the camera, picked up Olivia's sippy cup from the ground, unlocked the stroller and was just about to take off when I spotted him! There he was, running alongside the parade of kids, trying to catch up with his class!


I can tell he is scanning the crowd (just as I had done a few minutes earlier) looking for me and I shout his name but he can't seem to find me amongst the crowd of faces until.....


HEY MOM! There's my 'lil cowboy! As soon as he saw us, he was grinning from ear to ear. As he passed by I did just what any good mommy would do and asked him how his tummy was feeling. He shrugged it off and said, "Fine Mom. I almost missed the parade but I made it!" And thank goodness he did. He had so much fun!



And I am crossing every finger and every toe that this tummy stuff passes quickly because we are birthday central here this weekend! YIKES!

3 comments:

The Kitchen said...

Go Jacob!! He is so cute - I love his hat!! And his sweet smile!

Shana said...

Thank you!!!!

Danette said...

cute cowboy!! what a fun day!! can't wait for birthday party post!!