Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOW!!!!!




I had to blog about it because otherwise a lot of folks reading this would not believe me when I say it SNOWED in HOUSTON today!!!! This DOES NOT HAPPEN, EVER!!!! I mean, we are only an hour from the coast! Needless to say it was a very pleasant surprise and the kids (and adults alike) had to run outside just to see for themselves! It started out as sleet, then it was some sleet mixed with rain and then finally big snowflakes just started falling! Granted, it was only about half an inch BUT it was enough to make every kid on the block squeal and run outside! Seeing is believing so here are some pics for those skeptics out there :)
*As I began the blog, it started snowing again really hard! So, you will see a progression in the pics from this afternoon until this evening. Still in disbelief!*

When it first started....I know its hard to tell, but I promise it WAS coming down!



catching snowflakes on his tongue


sooooo excited!


These next few shots were taken just a few minutes ago. Jacob, Craig, and I ran outside in our PJs to sneak a peek! We thought it would have stopped by now, but it is still coming down!


making snowballs off the back of the car

front yard


back porch

It was fun, but this is nothing compared to what we are going to see in a few weeks! We are headed to the mountains in New Mexico for Christmas!! Can't wait!!!!!

0 comments: