Monday, October 20, 2008

Haunted House

Yesterday, Jacob and I worked on a little project! As much as I would like to take credit for coming up with this on my own, I have to admit that I totally stole this idea from Danette!! Using a gingerbread kit, we made a haunted house. Considering I am not crafty, I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I mean, I had to make the icing myself!! That is asking a lot of someone like me! However, I was able to "tweak" a few of the mistakes we made when assembling and I think it turned out fine. Jacob keeps asking when we will get to eat it and doesn't understand that it is a decoration! I told him after Halloween, we would talk again about eating it. Hopefully by then he will be so stuffed of candy, he won't want it anymore. We'll see!

Mixing the green icing

adding candy corn

using leftover green icing to make "grass"

we are finally done!


Thanks for the idea Danette and Blayne :)

3 comments:

Danette said...

Great job...looks like you are craftier than you think;)

RuensOnTheRun said...

un-tagged now! :)

misty said...

Too cute! Looks like fun.
misty