Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Day for the Record Books! (or at least the baby books)

Today was a history making day in the Eads household! And for more than one reason! It must have been a full moon because BOTH of my kids did something they have never done before! We'll start with this....


Yes, it is a bowl of green beans.

But these are no ordinary green beans. These green beans are SPECIAL!
Wanna know why????

BECAUSE JACOB ATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course, I had to take a picture of it!!! You see, he has not eaten ANYTHING green since he was a baby! And those were the days when he would eat anything off the spoon I would give him. But as soon as he was old enough to feed himself and not on baby food anymore, the veggies were gone. Disappeared. He would have nothing to do with them and when I asked him why he told me "because they are green". He would simply not eat it because of its color! So night after night, meal after meal, I have continued to place vegetables in front of him. And night after night, meal after meal, he has continued to refuse to even taste them. So, you see this was quite an extraordinary event! And best of all, it took no coaxing from me whatsoever. I put them on his plate like I always do and he just started eating them. He even said that he liked them and asked for more! YAHOO!! Score one for Mommy! I can only hope that this was not a one time "freak event" and that he will continue to eat them. And maybe just maybe he will begin to try other things too....Are carrots in our future?? Stay tuned to find out!

And now on to Miss O or Livvy Lou as we like to call her. She shocked me as well and almost brought tears to my eyes. SHE FINALLY SAID MOMMA!!! I have been saying ma-ma, making the mmmmmmm sound for MONTHS and she continually would just babble ba-ba and da-da at me. I didn't give up. I knew she had it in her. And sure enough last night, I was holding her before bed, and I looked right in her face and said "Ma-Ma" and she looked right back at me and said " Ma Ma Ma Ma"! Oh, I was sooooo excited! It sounded so cute and so sweet! These are the little moments as a mother, that you live for. Just precious. I am sure some day in the next few years I will wish that she didn't know my name. Because on those long frustrating toddler days, hearing "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma" can pierce your nerves. But for now, I am going to savor the moment and treasure the sound of her sweet voice calling my name :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Eads' children have a lot of special things going on in their household today! YEA Olivia and Jacob :)

Carol said...

Wow, as a parent of a truly picky eater I could not be more happy for you and your green bean success.

Isn't Mamma the sweetest sound ever?

JSue said...

YAY for you! (On both accounts)

The best is yet to come. I hesitate to correct the grammar of my 2 1/2 year old. I love the little toddlerisms...(I wuf you..you's a dood Mommy, etc.)