Friday, August 22, 2008

4 year check-up

Today Jacob had his 4 year check-up in order to start school this Fall. Yes, I know, it is 6 months late, but better late than never....right? Leave it to me to procrastinate until the week before school starts. Being that the last time we were at the doctor's office was for this Jacob was a bit apprehensive for the doctor to come in the room. He warmed up though and overall did great until it came time for shots and the flu mist. (Which is really cool by the way! You just sniff one time in each nostril and you are done! And it actually protects against more strands of the flu than the regular shot does!) Anyhoo, he got upset with that, but after a piece of gum, a Batman glow in the dark sticker and some encouragement from EVERYONE in the doctor's office, he was fine. He got a clean bill of health and weighed in at 44 pounds and was 43 inches tall!!!!!! The doctor looked at his hands and said, "You are going to have to grow into those paws!" And Jacob said, "I don't have paws, I have hands!" Ahhhh, the sense of humor in 4 year olds. He was in the 90% percentile for both weight and height and the doctor seems to think we will have a tall boy on our hands one day! So, check back in 14 years or so and I will let ya know :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOW! Where on earth does the time go?

McMommy said...

Oh wow! I didn't know the flu mist protects against more strands than the shot! Matty is TOTALLY getting that this year!


So happy Jacob got such a great report at his check-up!