Friday, May 16, 2008

God's permission


I know it's been a while since I posted. We have had a lot going on lately (which will be a later blog) but I wanted to write on this real quick. As usual, Jacob has his original comments and ideas that crack us up all the time but the one from today I just HAD to include! So, we went to Target to get a birthday present and after only being in the store 2 minutes, Jacob found a tractor and trailer that he just HAD to have! Because, as we all know, the poor child does not have any of these at home!!! (Thank goodness they were in the $1 section) Anyways, as we made our way through the store, he carried these 2 things with him. He was acting silly trying to entertain Olivia and was making all kinds of noises, etc. after several times of asking him to stop, I finally told him that if he didn't behave then he wouldn't be getting that tractor and trailer he had in his hands! So his response back to me was "Mommy I HAVE to get this tractor and trailer!" and I said why? and he replied "Because God said that it was ok and that I should have it!" A lady that was standing nearby started laughing (as did I) and she commented "Well, how do you say no to that?" My thoughts exactly! I was still laughing as I told him what a smart thing to say. Then he said, "Mommy why are you and that lady laughing at me? It's not funny, it's the truth!" To which I just responded, "Wait until we tell Daddy about this!"

0 comments: