Monday, February 18, 2008

The Mall

So today, the kids and I went to the mall for a little shopping. We started out at Gymboree, which to my dismay, has a cookie store right outside the door. I think its an evil plot! Actually, its conveniently located between Gymboree and "the tree" play area so its a smart marketing technique! Anyways, as we first walked by the cookie store on our way in, Jacob asked me for a cookie. Since we hadn't eaten lunch yet, I told him no, that maybe if he was good, we would get one on the way out after we had lunch. So we went on about our business, visitng several stores and had lunch. Abour 3 hours later, we are making our way to the side of the mall where we parked. I had one last quick stop to make when Jacob remembers our little conversation about the cookie. He asks if he can have one now and I jokingly say to him "Well, you know what you have to do get a cookie, right?" and he asks, "What?" I say,"You have to get a spanking first and then you get a cookie." So as we're walking into Brookstone, he yells out "SPANK ME MOMMY, SPANK ME!" I am so embarrassed! And I tell him that mommy was only joking and he could have a cookie. I reassure him that he was not getting a spanking but he yells it AGAIN. "JUST SPANK ME! I WANT A SPANKING!" I decide at this time we need to make an exit. So, we immediately leave the store and I say, "So you mean, you would be willing to get a spanking just to get a cookie?" And he says. "Yes mommy. I want a cookie really really bad!" I couldn't help but laugh as we made our way to the cookie store. Poor thing! Guess he doesn't get my humor sometimes! And yes, in case you were wondering, he got his cookie!

0 comments: