The old saying is true, no matter how much fun you have on vacation, there is no place like home. After 16 days of being gone, it sure felt good to wake up in my own bed yesterday! I don't think I have ever been gone for that long before. But our trip was great. Most importantly, I survived flying solo with the kids and managed to make it through airport security with no major mishaps. That is an accomplishment in itself!! If you've never tried holding a baby while breaking down a stroller and lifting it up onto the conveyor belt, then my advice is DON'T! I did make sure that I wore flip flops both ways, no matter what the weather was like outside, just so I could easily get them off and on. But having to take Olivia out of the carrier, off the stroller and unload all our gear is a workout. Then to walk through and have to put shoes back on, put the baby back in the carrier, strap her in, get it on the stroller, get all carry-on bags in the right place, put Jacob's shoes back on........whew! It is exhausting me to just to think about it again. I brought plenty of activities for Jacob to do on the plane and he entertained himself fairly well. Better than I thought he would! And my little snuggly girl was fine because she was in my lap. Which I figured she would be. As long as she is being held, then she is usually content. Can we say SPOILED?? And speaking of spoiled, Jacob had his fair share with his Aunt Angel getting him chocolate donuts for breakfast, his Uncle Alex making milkshakes for dessert and his GrandDaddy and GrandMommy giving him cars, cars, and more cars to play with!! Yes, it was back to reality when we got home and there were only Apple Jacks for breakfast and no new toys to place with Jacob, Maddie and Will played very well together they loved to be outside riding bikes, scooters or in Jacob's case-the big wheel. Every night they all had to sleep in the same room together and took turns with 2 in sleeping bags on the floor while someone got the bed. The funny thing is, usually nobody wanted the bed! It is way more fun to sleep on the floor in your new sleeping bag apparently!!! Our weather was unusually cold but we were still able to do stuff outdoors like go to the park or take a walk. Maddie and Will really enjoyed having Olivia in the house and they would talk to her and smile at her as she lay on the floor. Olivia really took to Maddie and would smile really big and laugh every single time Maddie talked to her. We figured it probably had something to do with September girl power! (Their b-days are 9 days apart) So, now we are back home and I am still not done unpacking. Why is unpacking so much less fun than packing is? I dread it. So enough travels for now. It was wonderful while it lasted but there is just no place like home ( and your own bed).
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment