Monday, January 21, 2008

I feel like SUCH an idiot!

Ok, well right about now I am feeling SO incredibly stupid! I can't believe I am going to share this for the whole world to see, but I guess it's not THAT bad. Anyways, on to the story... So, I have been selling clothes (mainly Olivia's that she has outgrown) on eBay lately to support my addiction of buying clothes for her. See, it's this never-ending cycle of buy, sell, buy, sell. Actually it is more like buy,buy, buy, oops! time to sell something! So, I listed some things back in December before I left for my trip but only a few of them sold. So last week I went on to relist some of the things that were left and then add a few new items. Well, apparently I relisted an outfit that I had sold in December! However, I did not know this until today when I went to gather all my items to take to the post office for shipping. I keep all my eBay clothes in a tub and I kept searching and searching and this outfit was nowhere to be found! Then it dawned (sp?) on me that I had that outfit listed last month and maybe I had sold it and didn't remember??? So I went back on eBay and checked my sold items and sure enough there it was. It had been sold and shipped a month ago! How do I not remember this? I was so embarassed!!! The buyer had already paid me through paypal and is waiting on her outfit to arrive which is NOT going to happen! I have to admit that I thought about making up a story to tell this person as to why her outfit would not be coming like it got thrown away or mixed up and put in the Goodwill bag to give to charity but then I decided to own up to my stupid mistake. After all, honesty is the best policy, right? And if she thinks I am crazy, then oh well. I AM! I did the noble thing and refunded her money back to her and then sent her an email explaining what happened and begged for her forgiveness! I told her that I was a sleep deprived mom of a 3 year and 4 month old and am losing my mind. Hopefully she will understand. If she is a mom of young kids, then I think she should :)

0 comments: