Cheesy title, I know but I couldn't resist :) The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we took the kids to the zoo. We had a great day! The weather was cool and pleasant (big plus), the animals were out, it wasn't crowded, and they even had Christmas music piping through the park which was a fun touch. The only downfall of the day was a messy little incident that ocurred with me and a rather large bird that was sitting directly above my head, but I will spare you the details. Trust me, you really don't want to know! Soooooo, on to the pix!
Last year, Jacob's 2nd grade class donated money to help care for one of the animals and he was so excited to find the brick with his class name!!!
Ice Cream Break
Then it was time to visit the giraffes (one of my favorites)!
Everyone (but me, the photographer) got to feed the giraffes. So cool!!!!
Elephants
Exploring in Africa...
And then it was on to the bears. Jacob was so glad they were out and active :)
The cats on the other hand were not near as entertaining....Zzzzzzz
My least favorite part of the zoo (sorry, they make me shudder, what can I say)...reptiles & amphibians
Last but not least, we were under the sea...
And that's a wrap! We had such a great time that we are going to make it an annual tradition to go to the zoo during Thanksgiving break. After all, it was ZOOper fun :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment