I have been so impressed this year with Jacob's teachers and all the fun things they get to do! I personally know how much extra work goes into doing those special events and that makes me appreciate it even more! Last week his class had Reading Restaurant and it was probably my favorite thing he has ever done! He did such a good job and I was so proud of how much effort he had put into preparing everything to make it special for us! We had to make a reservation, just like a real restaurant. When we arrived, we were greeted at the door by his teacher, the head chef, who checked us in.
She called our server, aka CHEF JACOB, who came to the door and took us to our table.
He even tucked in our chairs for us. Just like a professional!
We had "Appeteasers "(jokes), Entrees (books) and then two desserts (poems) to choose from. He left our table went to a spot in the restaurant (room) and brought it back to our table.
When it was time for dessert, all the chefs lined up in the back of the room. They recited two poems for us titled Spaghetti and Cookies. They said them with Italian accents and hand gestures. It was so cute! Very sad I didn't get it on video!!!
It is an acrostic poem that says Reading. He had to write something for each letter of the word.
R- Readers are leaders
E- Earn AR points
A- Awesome!
D- Discover
I- Incredible
N- Never stop reading
G- Great



1 comments:
That is incredible! What a great idea!
Post a Comment