Friday, June 24, 2011

VBS

This week was SONSurf VBS! Unfortunately, poor Jacob got sick on Monday and had to miss all week except for the last day, today. This is the same VBS that he has attended the past two years and Olivia's first year to be able to go. I loved hearing Olivia coming home each day talking about Jesus and trying to retell the stories she had learned. This year's theme was so fun and made for lots of great pictures (as you will see)! This was the first day in front of the sand castle.


Olivia was very hesitant for me to leave her but felt much better once she saw Sophie. They held hands and walked into chapel together :)

Tuesday's theme was crazy hair/hat day, but Olivia was having none of that so we just settled for wearing our VBS shirt. Oh well, you gotta pick your battles! Wednesday was mismatched clothes day. Considering the battle we had the day before I really didn't think my fashionista she would go for clothes that didn't match! However, she was all for it and thought it was so silly! Thursday's theme was to dress red like a lobster. Apparently I don't buy enough red clothes because the only thing we had was this sailor dress! Olivia usually begs me to wear a dress everyday, so she was happy!
The last day was beach theme. So happy they are both finally in the picture!!Since a bunch of our friends all attended VBS together this week, I had this great idea to try and get all the kids together for a big group picture on the last day. With a few of us running late and Olivia having a meltdown, it didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. What's that they say about the best laid plans???? Here are the best that I got and half the kids are missing!Thanks CCUM for a great VBS week!








































1 comments:

RuensOnTheRun said...

CCUM...our old church...we miss it!!