Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Eve

Our second full day was also New Year's Eve. We decided to brave the even colder temps and wind to take the kids to the local tubing place.



I guess my "little boy" isn't so little anymore because they wouldn't let him on the kiddie slope. Olivia went down twice and despite the smile she had on her face the whole way down, she said she didn't like it and all she wanted to do was ride the carousel and train. So, while I went to take Jacob down the big hill, Grandpa and Suzy took her to the rides. Olivia wasn't a big fan of the wind that day and wasn't in the best of moods so we didn't get to stay as long as I had hoped. We promised Jacob next time he would get to tube ALL day. He was a very good sport and thought that idea was a good one :)

That evening we went out to eat at the restaurant where my brother works. Before we left, we snapped some pictures by the Christmas tree. After a delicious dinner complete with fried green chiles, we came home to ring in the new year. Grandpa made a nice fire in the fireplace and the kids roasted marshmallows for s'mores.
I wish I could say that I was able to make it to midnight and see the ball drop, but lets just say I celebrated on Texas time.

The next morning we sadly had to leave. We packed a lot into our short trip and the kids had a blast playing in the snow! I am so glad we were able to make the trip safely and look forward to seeing the mountains again soon. Thanks Grandpa and Suzy!!!!!





0 comments: