Thursday, January 20, 2011

And Raider Makes Five!

Meet the newest four-legged addition to our family......RAIDER!!!

After almost a year of being without a dog in the house, we decided to take the plunge again! Craig's sister, Michelle, actually rescued him from neglectful owners so he had an extra special place in our hearts before we even met him! Michelle and Kim offered to bring him down from Indiana and we kept it a surprise for the kids, which was so much fun!!!

I told the kids a few hours before they got here that they would be getting a surprise, but I didn't give them any clues. Olivia thought it was going to be a new doll and Jacob guessesd a new DS game. So they were pretty shocked when we opened the door and saw this!
He was speechless.....which is a first!

Didn't take long and they were posing with him

He is very sweet, super cute, and incredibly soft! He is great with the kids and lets them pick him up, carry him around, drag him on the leash, etc. Jacob has been such a big help and loves to take him out to play and go potty. The only dog I ever had was Abby so getting used to one that is completely different has been interesting. However, he is fitting right in with our family, loves all the attention he is now getting and once we can get him COMPLETELY HOUSETRAINED, I will be even happier with him!

Welcome Raider....we love you!!










0 comments: