Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School Eve....

Kids are nestled all snug in their beds. Lunch is packed. Outfit is picked out, ironed, and ready to go! We spent our last day of summer pretty leisurely. We goofed off around the house some early in the day, then Jacob and I made a last minute grocery store run for the week. After that I took him over to a good friend's house to swim for a few hours. It was their "one last hoorah" for end of summer. Once we got home, we started getting everything prepped for tomorrow including a last name embroidered on the backpack. Mommy is SUCH the procrastinator! Nevertheless, it is done. After bath and dinner, Jacob read a few books and then I went in to read with him. I had bought a special book called The Night Before First Grade
and couldn't wait to share that special time with him.

Unfortunately, Daddy is not the best photographer, but I am always the one behind the camera so I am posting it anyway!

Still cannot believe that summer is over. So much has happened over the past few months. And I still can't believe I have a 1st grader! Will post tomorrow with first day pics :)

1 comments:

Danette said...

I bought the same book MONTHS ago...and after the move, I have no idea where it might be!! Oh well, we have read it before, so we just read another getting ready for school book!!