We survived surgery and the first day/night in the hospital. Overall, things are going fairly well. She battled a fever last night and has a low grade temp today so we are keeping a close eye on that. Her right foot is swollen but that is also common with surgery so just watching it for now. Dr. G. has already been by this morning and plans to come back around this afternoon. I was nervous about not being at Texas Children's but so far have been impressed with the hospital staff and the nurses. It is nice to be in a small place and have the nurse pop right in when you call for them. We are so blessed and Olivia has has so many people praying for her and checking on her. We even had a friend surprise us here yesterday that came just to sit with us during the surgery. What a nice gesture!! Today she is very irritable and doesn't want to be messed with so I am taking an extra dose of my patience pill. I am so proud of my little girl and the brave soul that she is! She has already undergone more than I have in my lifetime and she is a fighter! God Bless you Olivia!!!!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
praying for a speedy recovery and an easy transition when you get home!! Such a brave, big girl:)
praying for a speedy recovery and an easy transition when you get home!! Such a brave, big girl:)
Praying for the fever to subside and peace for her. Poor thing! Glad it all went well!
Just dropping by to let you know I am still praying for Olivia (and you)! :)
Post a Comment