Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Day of Kindergarten & Surgery Update

School's out and summer is officially here! Can't believe we made it! There were definitely some rough spots but we persevered and survived mommy working full time! I am very thankful to be back at home with my babies and am looking forward to no schedules, sunshine, and play time!

We found out today that Olivia's first surgery will be on October 11th. They are going to operate on the right hip first. Then we will go back on November 26th for the left hip. Although this is still so far out, I think it is going to work out for the best. This still gives us our summer and she won't have to miss out on water activities and being outside. Also, with the south Texas heat, the cooler the temps the better as far as the cast is concerned! This will also give me time to get Jacob settled in his new school and into our new routine for the Fall. We still have to get cleared with Genetics and go next week for the appointment. So, if all goes well with that then we will stay on this surgery schedule.

My baby boy is now a FIRST GRADER! I can hardly believe it! He had a great Kindergarten year and was very sad to be leaving his teacher and school today. He wants Mrs. S to be his teacher again next year!! I am just praying that we have a smooth transition to Kaufman and get another wonderful teacher again! Here are some pictures from today, his last day of Kindergarten.......sniff sniff!



1 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! You survived your first year back to teaching!! I bet you are so happy to have the summer vacation!

I am in the process of applying to some schools, but there is very little demand right now for teachers in MD.

PS Those pics of your little man are so cute!