Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten on Tuesdays

1. Where to begin.....?? So much has happened in the last week I don't even know where to start!

2. So I guess I'll start with the fact that my head has finally stopped spinning, ok well at least it has slowed down a little.....and I think the reality of everything is setting in with Olivia's surgery. Just had to get over the initial shock.

3. Although we are going to get a 2nd opinion, I have been very impressed with our doctor thus far. He answered an email in less than an hour full of 10 questions from me! AND he called the Genetics department and was able to get our appointment moved from August 2nd to June 10th. Very cool. Thank you Dr. R!

4. I have been "googling" myself crazy trying to find as much info. as I can. I have been fortunate to come across some parents that have been through this type of surgery before. Its nice to see what other people did, things that worked, didn't work, etc. for after care.

5. Ok, enough surgery talk for now! What else....

6. Poor Jacob is sick AGAIN. I was really hoping he would make it until the end of the school year but I guess it wouldn't be fitting if he didn't get his "May" sickness to go along with all the other months this school year. I left work early to come home and be with him. He slept the entire day so I hope he wakes up feeling better in the morning. (Yes, I wrote this Monday night :0)

7. This week I am turning another year older. For some reason, I am not too thrilled with this birthday. It is too close to "mid thirties" and I don't like getting older!

8. Tonight Olivia wanted more lemonade so she opened the refrigerator and said "Mermaid"........more lemonade! LOL

9. This weekend we are going back down to Galveston! We are so excited to play on the beach again!

10. 6 1/2 days of school left!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Danette said...

thinking about you guys!! come visit this summer!!

Alicia said...

love "Mermaid", so cute!