Last Friday me and a few other mom friends took our kiddos down to the rodeo. I was amazed and impressed at all the activities and things for kids. And the best part was that a lot of it was educational too! (The teacher in me was smiling). The kids got to ride a pony, watch live chicks hatching out of their eggs, see baby piglets eating with their momma, watch 1 day old sheep try and stand and also sit on the biggest John Deere tractor I have ever seen!!! Here are some pictures from the "Kid Zone Barn". Jacob finally rode a horse for the FIRST time! Up until now, he has always been afraid to. He wasn't going to ride, but peer pressure got the best of him. I am glad he was brave and decided to do it. He ended up LOVING it!
Watching the chicks hatch out their eggs! It was a very neat (and kinda freaky) thing to see in person!
Told you there were some BIG tractors!
After exploring inside, we decided to venture out to the carnival and get some lunch. As soon as the kids were done eating, they were ready to hop on the rides. The first one they did were these cars that bounced up and down. This was Olivia's first time to ever ride anything like this and she had a blast!Next up were the helicopters!
The big kids were wanting to ride a roller coaster. The lines were all really long so we walked for a bit until we came upon the perfect one! It was called The Dragon and there was NO line! Even better! I was not going to let Olivia ride it, but she started throwing a fit when all the other kids were getting in line. I asked her if she wanted to ride and she kept saying YES, YES. So against my better judgement, I put her on it! Sweet Brady sat next to her and promised he would take good care of her. I still cannot believe at 2 1/2, she rode a roller coaster, but she did! And guess what??? SHE LOVED IT!!!!!
My little thrill seeker had a grin from ear to ear! When they got off, all the kids were so excited! I asked her if she had fun and she said yes. Then I asked her if it was scary and she said yes again. Apparently, the adrenaline rush was enough to overcome any fear she had. Hmmmm.... wonder if she'll ever jump out of an airplane one day like her mommy once did? ha ha!
After the thrill of the roller coaster, the only other thrill left was the SUPER SLIDE! While the kids climbed the ginormous staircase to the top, we moms watched as a few kids came down not so graciously and one even bumped their head pretty hard. We got a little nervous and I was so worried about them coming down safely, that none of the pictures I took came out. However, I did snap this one of Jacob and Collin at the top before they went down. I think they were discussing the strategy for sliding down the fastest!
And no, just for the record....Olivia did NOT participate in this one!



1 comments:
Oh what fun!!! Wish I would of been there, I'd had me a funnel cake too...yumm!! :)
Post a Comment