Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tooth Fairy



This week was special because Jacob lost his first tooth!!! We were driving in the car on the way to pick up Olivia from school when he discovered it. He was in the backseat eating a snack and then said, "Mom, something is going on here...... MY TOOTH IS GONE!!!!!" However, the tooth was nowhere to be found.

Yep.

He swallowed it!

Then he got upset because "how would the tooth fairy know it came out if there was no tooth to leave????" and "I wanted to see what it looks like!"

I told him that all would be right in the world again. We could simply leave the tooth fairy a note and she would still be able to come and visit him.

After some Facebook polling (where else do you go for sound advice???), I was able to figure out what the going rate is these days for the tooth fairy. Then I went online and found a certificate to print out and we left it next to the pillow. It was fun playing tooth fairy!

Note is written... Dear Tooth Fairy,

My tooth came out today. Please bring me money.

Jacob

Time for bed...

Thanks to a really bad thunderstorm and an excited little boy, he was up at 5:00 AM the next morning to see what the tooth fairy left!

0 comments: