Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Most Wonderful news ever!!!!!!!!

As I posted here we had some unexpected but great hearing test results from Olivia's recent testing. Well, today we went in and saw her audiologist who tested her in the sound booth. I was very anxious to go in and have this done in hopes that we would get the same results as the other day. I am happy to say that WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olivia consistently scored in the normal hearing range in BOTH ears!!!

I think we are still in shock. This was not supposed to happen. BUT IT DID!!!! There is really no scientific explanation for her hearing improving as much as it did. Which just proves it was a God thing. It is truly a miracle considering the type of damage she has to her cochlea.

Our current plan is to take the hearing aids out for 2 months and see how she does. We (including us, all the doctors, ECI, and her teachers) will be closely monitoring her. We are going back in March for another test in the sound booth just to make sure the hearing stays at the level it is at now. (I cannot imagine that it would get worse, but please keep that in your prayers!) As long as she is continuing to progress in her language and speech then she does not have to wear the aids! As of now, she is on target and right where she needs to be so we want to make sure that she stays this way.

There are lots more details to this story, but I just had to quickly write and share because I am so relieved and excited and THANKFUL.

What a blessing our little girl (and boy) are to us!!!!!!

5 comments:

Loukia said...

Wow! What wonderful news, I'm so happy for you and for her you! You guys must be thrilled! :)

Kris said...

Incredible! God is GREAT!!!!

Marla said...

God is good! So happy to hear the news!

michelle ellis said...

What wonderful news! Isn't God amazing??!!!

Jeanette said...

Praise the Lord!! This is wonderful news and a beautiful blessing for Olivia and the family. May all continue to lift her up in prayer. XOXO.