Saturday, October 10, 2009

To Potty or Play? That is the Question!

Within the last 2 weeks or so, Olivia has been showing more and more of an interest in using the potty. Being that she is the youngest in her class at pre-school, most of the kids are potty trained already and she has been watching them use the potty every day. I was hoping this would encourage her to want to use it too. Well, it has!! BUT.... while I thought this was a great idea at first, it has grown into more of a nuisance, more than anything. You see she loves to SIT on the potty, but that's ALL she does! She thinks going to the potty is just about playing and looking cute! She has yet to actually GO on the potty! Even worse, she wants to go every 10 minutes and when I don't let her go, she throws a fit!

She knows exactly what to do when she is "finished". Flush Mommy! Then she takes her seat off the potty, moves her stool over to the counter and washes her hands.
I'm telling ya, she's got this whole thing down!

Except for the pee part!

Hopefully that will come soon =)

1 comments:

Shannon K. said...

Ahh...I remember those days. While she's on the potty try running the water. Worked like a charm with Katie ;-) Looks like half the battle's won Mom...yay Olivia!