Monday, October 26, 2009

The First Nine

It's official......I have survived the first nine weeks of school!!!! That means I am a 1/4 of the way done with the school year! And if I can make it to Christmas, then I will be halfway done!! Woo-Hoo!!! Getting through this first 9 weeks has been a bit of a challenge. I have struggled in more ways than I even imagined. I have to say I have a new found respect for working moms. It is truly like having two full time jobs. And I have to honest and say that I don't feel that I am that good at it. I am trying to get better but its tough. I'm hoping that since the craziness of the start of the school year has slowed down, things will get better. On the bright side, I feel like we have settled into our "new normal" . It has become routine and we are in a groove (well sorda).

Jacob loves Kindergarten and comes home everyday talking about what he did or what they learned! That makes this momma happy!! Now, his behavior on the other hand, leaves a bit to be desired, but we are working on that.....at least he is learning, RIGHT?!

And Miss Olivia has charmed just about all the teachers at her school. They tell Craig and I all the time, what a "cutie" she is and how "sweet she can be". Notice I said CAN be! Ha Ha! Yes, she does have her independent side that tends to make an appearance quite often these days. She is definitely into the heart of 2s.....wanting to do things for herself, by herself, and her way! I know this independence will be a blessing some day, but it does make for some challenging moments in the meantime...!

Both kids are happy and healthy and that is all I can ask for! I am very thankful for our life and the blessings we have been given!

Here's to surviving the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: