The first week of school has come and gone. Thank Goodness! In a nutshell, here is how it went...
Jacob was very nervous the first day but has adjusted nicely. By the second day, he was insisting that he walk himself to class. I am enjoying my alone time with him on our commute and after school. He comes to my classroom at the end of the day and is my little helper. So far, he loves his class, his teacher, and his school. What more could I ask for???
Olivia is enjoying her new school as well. By the end of last week, she was no longer crying when Daddy dropped her off but instead saying "Bye Daddy" and waving him on. I cannot believe it!! Tomorrow her actual Mother's Day Out program will begin and I am excited about that. These past 2 weeks have been a bit tough with no real structure to her day. I am glad she will be with her teacher a majority of the day and settling into a daily routine filled with circle time, outside play, chapel, music & movement and Spanish! She will be one busy little girl!
As for me, lets just say I survived. Barely. I had forgotten how absolutely EXHAUSTING that first week of school is. It is totally draining. Not to help matters, I got sick mid week. It was tough. Really tough. By the end of each day it was all I could do to pick up Olivia, get both kids home, fed, bathed and in bed. My house was a wreck. No laundry was done. There wasn't much time or energy for much else. Thus our weekend was spent catching up. The house is now clean again, most of the clothes are washed and we are ready to start Week 2. I know it will get easier. I have to keep reminding myself of that!!
So, first a kindergartener and now this one...
who is turning 2 in a week??!!
Jacob was very nervous the first day but has adjusted nicely. By the second day, he was insisting that he walk himself to class. I am enjoying my alone time with him on our commute and after school. He comes to my classroom at the end of the day and is my little helper. So far, he loves his class, his teacher, and his school. What more could I ask for???
Olivia is enjoying her new school as well. By the end of last week, she was no longer crying when Daddy dropped her off but instead saying "Bye Daddy" and waving him on. I cannot believe it!! Tomorrow her actual Mother's Day Out program will begin and I am excited about that. These past 2 weeks have been a bit tough with no real structure to her day. I am glad she will be with her teacher a majority of the day and settling into a daily routine filled with circle time, outside play, chapel, music & movement and Spanish! She will be one busy little girl!
As for me, lets just say I survived. Barely. I had forgotten how absolutely EXHAUSTING that first week of school is. It is totally draining. Not to help matters, I got sick mid week. It was tough. Really tough. By the end of each day it was all I could do to pick up Olivia, get both kids home, fed, bathed and in bed. My house was a wreck. No laundry was done. There wasn't much time or energy for much else. Thus our weekend was spent catching up. The house is now clean again, most of the clothes are washed and we are ready to start Week 2. I know it will get easier. I have to keep reminding myself of that!!
So, first a kindergartener and now this one...
who is turning 2 in a week??!! Please help me!



3 comments:
My gosh, busy. It's nuts, huh? But I am so glad to hear the first week is over and that it was a success! That is great news!
WHEW - I am tired just reading this post!
I didn't know you are a teacher - I was too back in the day!
Precious picture!!
I hope it is getting easier for you!! Sorry to hear that you got sick but it doesn't surprise me. All those new germs that you haven't been exposed to in a long time. Hope you are feeling better and have gotten into a good routine. :)
Post a Comment