I am hoping this will be the second and last part of the Destin post, but I am not making any promises. Hopefully I can get all the pictures and memories posted in an efficient manner, but we'll see. I am documenting this for our family purposes so if you're not into lengthy posts, then you might want to move on =)
Ok, I left off at family pictures Tuesday night. After we finished pictures, we got dressed and went out to dinner at a neat place called Fudpuckers! Little did we know it would be a three hour ordeal, so it is a good thing they had plenty of things to keep us busy while we waited for our table. They had a giant swamp area full of alligators!
<

They even had a GIANT pretend one you could pose with! Jacob ran straight towards it and couldn't wait to see how big it was.
Besides all the gators, they had a big bar, live music and a dance floor! We enjoyed a few drinks while the kids danced and hula hooped!


By the time we got to our table, the kids were a little bonkers! Maybe it was the hula hooping, maybe it was the hour and a half wait...who knows?! But this little turkey decided to dribble all of her milk out of her mouth and onto her shirt! Silly girl!
On Wednesday, Courtney and I woke up super excited because this was our day to go parasailing!! The dads took the kids to the pool for the morning (they weren't brave enough to try the beach alone!) and we took off for our adventure. We got to ride in a smaller boat out to the actual parasailing boat and that was a lot of fun. There were only 6 of us going out and we got some great views of the bay on the ride. These were taken as I was on the boat.


They even had a GIANT pretend one you could pose with! Jacob ran straight towards it and couldn't wait to see how big it was.

Besides all the gators, they had a big bar, live music and a dance floor! We enjoyed a few drinks while the kids danced and hula hooped!



By the time we got to our table, the kids were a little bonkers! Maybe it was the hula hooping, maybe it was the hour and a half wait...who knows?! But this little turkey decided to dribble all of her milk out of her mouth and onto her shirt! Silly girl!
On Wednesday, Courtney and I woke up super excited because this was our day to go parasailing!! The dads took the kids to the pool for the morning (they weren't brave enough to try the beach alone!) and we took off for our adventure. We got to ride in a smaller boat out to the actual parasailing boat and that was a lot of fun. There were only 6 of us going out and we got some great views of the bay on the ride. These were taken as I was on the boat.
Once we got out to where the parasailing boat was, we hopped off our boat and onto the other. Courtney and I were the second group to go up and I am so glad we got to do it together.
It wasn't long before we were up in the air and away we went!
I have to admit that compared to skydiving (yes, I have done that in my younger, wilder days!) it wasn't near as thrilling. But it was still a neat experience. It was actually very clam and relaxing. It is very quiet up there in the air amidst the clouds. The only drawback was that I had a little motion sickness. I hate that my tummy is getting less tolerant the older I get! So instead of being totally relaxed, I spent the entire 12 minutes trying to convince myself not to puke. And it didn't work. Oh well. We did have an incredible view of the ocean, saw sea turtles, sting rays, and dolphins from up there so it was worth it! Wish I could have taken a picture from up there!!
That night after dinner, we decided to check out San Destin Resort. Here are all the munchkins dressed and ready to go.
Wow! What a fun place! Restaurants, shops, live music, zip line, playground, and more! We walked around and came across this super-sized beach chair. What fun! 
All that walking in the humidity made us hot and hungry, so we stopped for a sweet treat!

After ice cream, the kids played on the playground. Then we made one last stop by the fountains to throw a penny in and make a wish before heading back to the condo. 
This brings us to Thursday and unfortunately, I am out of time. Both kiddos are up from their naps and my blogging time is over. The end of our trip will have to come in another post. Once again, stay tuned!!!!!!



2 comments:
We love Sandestin - we even have a picture in that same wooden beach chair! I've parasailed and it was plenty enough thrill for me, and I would do it again....I would never skydive though! Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us!!
So fun! I love the picture of your little girl with her ice cream!
Post a Comment