Monday, February 23, 2009

Jacob says the Darndest Things Part II

Ok, it's been a REALLY LONG time since I posted about the funny things Jacob says and I have to blog about it or I will forget so here are a few that will hopefully make you chuckle...!

J: "Mommy, you are a great boss!"
Me: "Thanks! Why do you say that?"
J: "Because you always tell Olivia not to do stuff and that's what a good boss does."
Me: "Well I am glad you think I am a good boss then."
J: "When I grow up and I become a boss, will you think I am a good one?"
Me: "Of course I will!"
Always good to get a pat on the back from my employees errr I mean kids.


I recently got a job working one or two nights a months at Gymboree. (Translation = discount!) So, one night last week I was getting dressed and all ready to go in for for the first time.
J: "Mommy, where are you going?"
Me: "I got a new job. I am going to work."
J: With a look of absolute shock on his face "WHAT?? MOMMIES GO TO WORK LIKE DADDIES DO?????"
I couldn't stop laughing!
When sitting down to eat dinner...
J: "Wow, we haven't had this since LAST YEAR!"
Last year = Anything that has happened longer than 7 days or so...
Another night at dinner when Craig had done all the cooking...
J: "This dinner is really good Daddy!"
C: "Thanks buddy."
J: "You're a really good cooker Daddy, even better than Mommy. You're the best cooker in the whole wide world."
C: (Grinning with sheer delight)
I couldn't agree more and would be happy to hand over the cooking duties to Daddy at ANY time!

2 comments:

The Kitchen said...

So cute!!! Congrats on the job/discount - sounds fun!
I love your Motivation for Moms today - really nice - thanks!

Anti-Supermom said...

Anything longer than a week is totally forever ago to my 5 year old too.

So funny.

Congrats on the job, how fun to get out of the house and get a discount (and a little money).

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying 'hello'.