When I got on to blog about my date day with Jakey, I realized that this was my 100th post!! I think that is kind of exciting, don't you?? I started the blog about a year ago so it took me one year to write 100 posts. Nor sure if that is good or bad, but we'll see if I can do better in 2009!
On Sunday, Jacob and I had another date day. Craig and Olivia were still not feeling well, so I decided the two of us would go and spend some time together! Not to mention, stay away from the germs!! I let him decide what he wanted to do. We ended up getting Subway sandwiches for lunch and then going to the park. It was so much fun! We ate our sandwiches down by the lake and watched the ducks. He was so interested in the ducks and ended up giving up half the bread on his sandwich to feed them! All I had with me was my phone so these aren't the best, but still cute!
Once his sandwich was gone, he decided to give them about half the bag of his Cheetos. I am pretty sure Cheetos aren't part of the natural diet of a duck, but I figured it was a better option than my Baked BBQ chips. Feeding them Cheetos was pretty entertaining because they would carry it around in their mouth and tease each other. We started many squabbles with the ducks fighting over Cheetos. Apparently they must be a rarity in the duck world!
Once we ran out of Cheetos, we decided to walk down the sidewalk and make our way to the playground. Well, we didn't get very far when we saw this!
WOW! More ducks!! Jacob was soooo excited! He immediately started running and chasing them. I don't know if its mating season or what, but they were all quacking, honking and fighting with each other!! It was quite a scene and very loud! So we spent the next several minutes watching (and chasing) the ducks!!
Eventually we made it over to the playground but unfortunately a cold front was blowing in so we didn't get to play long before it was just too cold! Honestly, Jacob had the best time with the ducks anyway!




2 comments:
Sounds like this date as just ducky. Love that Cheetos are not part of a natural diet - as you sure?!
Thanks for the bloggy visit and congrats on the 100th post.
Congrats on 100! I miss the WDLDS lake ducks..they were always so interactive!
Post a Comment