Sunday, June 1, 2008

GIRL'S NIGHT OUT

Friday was the big anticipated premiere of the Sex and the City movie! I was lucky enough to get tickets and join a fun group of girls for the event! It was sold out the day before the movie even came out and we all had to buy our tickets online several days in advance. Die hard fans!! We went to BerryHills beforehand and I have to say that I was impressed with their food this time. I had only eaten there once before and I can't remember what I ordered but I just remember thinking that it wasn't very good. However, my experience this time was much better and I will definitely be going back! After dinner and drinks, we walked through Market Street and headed to the theater to wait in line. The lobby was packed FULL of women and it was fun to see what people were wearing! I have always been a people watcher, but this night was exceptionally fun. You saw everything from casual capris to sequin gowns and heels! I honestly think some ladies must have thought THEY were Carrie Bradshaw! There were only 3 men waiting in line and let's just say they weren't in line with their girlfriends! After about 30 minutes, they finally opened the rope and let us through. We all rushed to get in the theater so we could all get seats together and amazingly we did! Once we had our seats reserved, we took turns heading to the restroom and snack bar. A couple of us were in the restroom and had the pleasure of seeing a VERY drunk girl laughing at herself in the mirror! Nobody really knew what she was laughing at, but it sure must have been funny! We all agreed she had too many Cosmos before coming to the movie! The craziness continued....Our seats were on the very top row so we could see all the action that was happening below. Normally, a movie theater is pretty quiet, well not tonight! The group of ladies down in the front were the rowdiest bunch of all and one woman in particular kept standing up and yelling "whoo-hoo" while lasso-ing (is that a word) her arms in the air. You know, like she's riding a bull? Maybe she had a few too many Cosmos as well??!! I am telling ya, get this many women in one room and drama is BOUND to happen! And all of this and the movie hasn't even started yet! Then at 8:40, the lights dimmed, the crazies stopped hollering and the movie began! Well, actually it was more like 15 minutes of previews first, but you get the idea. I am not going to spill any of the juicy details because my sister hasn't seen it yet but I will just tell you the movie was AWESOME! It definitely lived up to my expectations and then some! I laughed and I cried. It is long--2 and a half hours but every minute was worth it! Even if you didn't watch the show, you will still like it. We had a few girls with us that had never watched the series and they still enjoyed it! And if nothing else, its an excuse for a girls night out, right?? Thanks ladies for a fun night! And thanks Craig, for watching the kids so I could go :)

0 comments: