Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend/Birthday























We had a really great weekend! We did lots of playing in the sun and relaxing, which is always nice! Jacob played on the slip n' slide in the backyard and also helped his Daddy wash the cars! He is on Craig's heels all the time (Daddy's little helper) so I guess Craig decided to take advantage of it! Sunday night, I got to go out with a dear friend, Jenny, for a pre-birthday celebration. We went to the movies and out to eat. It was so nice to get away and just have a little break! Jenny and I always have a great time together and I treasure her friendship!! Today was my birthday and coincidentally it was also Memorial Day. My birthday has always fell around the holiday but I can't remember when it was actually the same day. Craig had the day off so that was a bonus! He made me french toast for breakfast and took care of everything around the house (including getting up early with the kids) so I could just relax. Around noon, we went over to our neighbor's house for a pool party. We spent the rest of the day in the pool and enjoying being outside. It has been so hot here lately, that the water felt GREAT! We ate lots of yummy food and just grazed all day long. Jacob has really gotten comfortable in the pool this year for the first time. He is willing to venture off the steps for the first time!! He had a blast splashing around, riding on floats and riding around in the water with Craig and me. Olivia also liked the water. She loved watching all the kids play and splash around. After about an hour, she was all worn out! My sweet husband made me a pink birthday cake so we had that for dessert! Overall, it was a wonderful birthday and holiday weekend! I am so grateful for my family and friends that care for me! Here's to many more years to come!!!!!






















0 comments: